Pontfications on the field of Educational Technology and Instructional Design.

Bare with me as I ponder the meaning of education in the 21st century from the perspecitive of an instructional designer.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reflections from a Lunatic Friend


I remember a song a while back that had the title listed above. As you listen to the song you find out that the "Lunatic" is actually the singers other emerging personality trying to cope with life. I can relate.

As Edtech 544 and 572 are underway I am having a great time learning all about new resources and better ways to teach. I love the atmosphere of cooperation and working together. The breakout rooms have been cool, although I must say we are all still learning how to use them effectively. The assignments have all been relevant to my current career and I already have plans to implement the unit I am developing for 544. I was excited to be able to develop a PowerPoint in 572 that uses my unit topic from 544. Hopefully I was able to squeeze in all the proper concepts while still meeting the terms of the assignment.

Here is where the lunatic part comes to play. While all of this is going on in COMET; my home and cars seem to be falling apart one piece at a time, my "bonus responsibilities" at work are taking up an extraordinary amount of time, and my wife and children really need more time with daddy(me). I can actually feel my brain starting to split down the middle into it's respective halves. Perhaps this will all be easier when I have two separate personalities to deal with the multifaceted demands going on in my life. Then, I think, we'll cope just fine.

1 comment:

Terri Linman said...

I'm pleased to hear that you can see the relevancy of the assignments this semester. That warms my little "Dr. Ed Tech" loving heart! Enjoying your posts and sense of humor- thanks for that amidst your physical world that's falling apart a piece at a time! Consider duct tape as a fix-all!